Hong Kong and Taiwan: just 180 km apart, two hours away by plane. Experiencing both destinations in one trip is a great way to make the most out of a long-haul flight to Asia. But how well can you tell the two apart?
Test your knowledge of these two exciting destinations in the 2 Stories, One Trip contest presented by the Hong Kong Tourism Board, Taiwan Tourism Bureau and Hong Kong Airlines.
Successfully complete the quiz for a chance to win a grand prize trip for two to Hong Kong and Taiwan!
The contest begins on January 14th and ends on January 27th, 2019.
How to participate
- Participants must be practicing and active travel agents in Canada.
- Only one entry per travel agent.
- The grand prize winner will be announced in paxeditions.com
GRAND PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All entrants must be Canadian residents over the age of 18 and an active and certified travel agent to remain eligible for this competition.
2. The competition closes on Jan 27th, 2019 at midnight.
3. The winner of the Grand Prize trip for two to Hong Kong and Taiwan will be notified within two weeks the competition closing date.
4. The winner will be randomly drawn from the eligible prize pool (users that have completed the contest in full correctly) and will need to respond within 48 hours of notification to accept being the winner, or another winner will be chosen. Attempts will be made to notify the winner by the email they provided at the time of entry.
5. The prize includes:
- Round trip airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) persons consisting of two (2) adults (one of whom must be the winner) from Vancouver to Hong Kong and Taipei, courtesy of Hong Kong Airlines.
- Three (3) nights’ accommodation each in Hong Kong and Taipei in a Superior Room based on double occupancy for two persons at hotels as selected by Hong Kong Tourism Board and Taiwan Tourism Bureau.
- Airport transfers and two tours in Hong Kong and Taipei.
6. Not included in your prize:
- Airport improvement fees
- Insurance (including, but not limited to, travel insurance, medical insurance and trip cancelation insurance)
- Connecting flights (including to the departure gateway city)
- Sightseeing tours and other in-destination activities unless stated above
- Taxes (including, but not limited to, departure taxes, air seat/airline taxes and applicable federal, provincial, municipal, state and/or local taxes)
- Travel related fees/surcharges
- Excess baggage fees
- Costs associated with obtaining travel documents (including, but not limited to passports and visas)
- Costs associated with obtaining necessary vaccinations
- Items of personal nature
- Additional meals
- Tips & gratuities
7. You and your travel guest must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation will result in forfeiture of the prize.
8. Prize winners are responsible for payment of any additional items not included in the prize (e.g. meals other than stated, hotel laundry, mini bar, room service, telephone calls…etc).
9. Flights cannot be upgraded and winners are not eligible to earn miles with this offer.
10. The prize is valid till 10 December, 2019 and is subject to the following black-out dates: 29 January – 17 February 2019, 16-25 April 2019, 22 June – 10 September 2019, 26 September – 10 October 2019.
11. All travellers must travel together. If the travellers are unable to travel in accordance with the above or unavailable date restrictions, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner will be chosen.
12. You accept the prize “as is,” otherwise it will be forfeited.
13. If you are unable to travel during the dates specified, you will be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
14. Any lost or stolen, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced.
15. All airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppage, and schedule or route changes.
16. If the prize, or any portion thereof, is unused, it cannot be carried forward and will be forfeited.
17. Elements of the prize (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards frequent flyer miles or other loyalty programs.
18. You and your guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in destination.
19. The prize, and any portion thereof, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions.
20. This prize has no cash value and it cannot be transferred, exchanged for cash or an alternative holiday, or combined with any other offer, promotions or discount.
21. Once the booking is confirmed, changes to the names, date or nature of the booking are not permitted.
22. The organizers (Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong Tourism Board and Taiwan Tourism Bureau) reserve the right to change any condition of this competition, without notice.
23. The organizers reserve the right to substitute the prize or any part of the prize (due to unavailability or for any other reason) with a different prize or part of the prize of equal monetary value.
24. The organizers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
25. The organizer nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
26. Employees of the Organizers and all other prize partners, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion, and their families, are excluded from entering this competition.
27. The Organizers collect participants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the participant may not take part in the promotion.
28. The prizewinner will be informed by email, and their name and personal details may be used in future promotions associated with the organizers.
29. The prizewinner agrees to allow the organizers to use their name and image to announce and promote the contest.
30. The prizewinner agrees to provide the organizers with anecdotal information either through written or photographic material on the experience provided the prizewinner.
31. By entering this competition you agree to allow future communications from the Organizers of this competition. You may however unsubscribe at any time.
32. Winner will be required to correctly answer a skill testing question.