Ancient Civilisations | expectedly Unexpected | Soul Warming | Redefining Hospitality
Marco Polo considered Sri Lanka “the finest island of its size in the entire world”.You might say Sri Lanka has been hiding in plain sight. Scores of travellers have passed overhead on their way to someplace else, but years of uncertainty kept Sri Lanka off the radar.
Sri Lanka has always been a strategically important area, right in the path of major trade routes even before the time of the spice trade, leaving it with a wealth of different influences from the surrounding areas & a rich cultural heritage.
With a strong cultural past, few places have as many UNESCO World Heritage Sites (8) packed into such a small area. Sri Lanka was once one of the richest countries in Asia & its 2000 + years of culture can be discovered at ancient sites where legendary temples boast beautiful details even as they shelter in caves or perch on prominent peaks.
On this short 7 day hop, learn about ‘conservation’ at the Elephant Orphanage, explore the spectacular Buddha-filled interior of Dambulla Caves, climb the 5th century Sigiriya Rock Fortress & walk the streets of Colombo experiencing what being "Sri Lankan" is all about.
And finally, it is time to leave for India to discover idyllic Kerala.
India is a mystical land that presents the traveler with an array of unforgettable experiences. Apart from its ancient spiritual framework, India's vastness also challenges the imagination, being home to one sixth of the world’s population. A land of myriad cultures, with an intoxicating rich history which has spawned a number of exquisite palaces, temples & monuments, it is truly representative of “Unity in Diversity”.
Kerala is home to fascinating history, rich culture, interesting customs, unique architecture, ayurvedic treatments & delicately spiced, taste-bud-tingling cuisine, elegant houseboats, wild elephants, exotic birds, the odd tiger, powerful vibrant art-forms.
Backwaters in Kerala form the backbone of tourism in “God’s Own Country” & this 10 Day luxury backwater cruise aboard the elegant Rice Boat is the perfect way to experience the joy of exploring enchanting locations like you have never seen them before, as you meander through the enchanting villages along the coconut palm trees lined banks of the tranquil lakes, lagoons, rivers & picturesque canals, soaking up beautiful scenery.
The gentle lapping of the water & balmy breezes make this a relaxing & unforgettable experience. Enjoy immersive experiences like a visit to a local home, a traditional Kathakali dance performance, interaction with traditional Craftsmen.
* This “Land only “ Fam Tour requires the participation of a minimum of 10 Agents. We reserve the right to cancel in case the mandatory minimum requirement is not met by our cutoff date.
- Transfers to / from Hotel / Airport & City Tours / Excursions by air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of a Journeys Rep for assistance on all Arrival / Departure Transfers
- An accompanying Journeys Escort
- Services of English speaking local Guides for all Sightseeing Tours / Excursions as per Itinerary*
- Porterage at Airport / Hotels
- Accommodation for a total of 8 nights in Hotels & 7 nights aboard the Rice Boat on “Sharing” basis (Double occupancy)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch & D=Dinner)
- Entrance Fees at the Monuments, wherever applicable
- All Government Taxes & Service Fees, wherever applicable
- 24 / 7 Emergency Contact
- Bottled Water during Tours / Drives
- Farewell Gift
- International flights
- Airport Tax, if any
- Visa or Visa Fee for Sri Lanka & India (to be obtained prior to departure)
- Camera / Video Fees, wherever applicable, at the Monuments
- Items of personal nature i.e. Room Service, Laundry, Telephone Calls, Internet, Fax, Beverages, Medical or Evacuation Expenses, Insurance, Gratuities & Tips
- Any Meals not specifically listed in the itinerary
- Any optional Programs / Services
- Any items not specified under Inclusions