Travel Edge is a technology company that provides the backbone and competitive edge to its two sister companies: Kensington Tours – an award winning private guided tour company, and Travel Edge – a leader in corporate and leisure travel through its ever growing register of travel agencies. It is creating and fine tuning the technology, digital marketing and operational processes that are reinventing the travel industry.
In the midst of new technology and business trends some may consider travel old school and dull. Travel Edge will make you think again. We run like a start-up where the teams are lean, the work is challenging and the rewards are high. We are growing quickly and very profitably without institutional investment. So we can build the right way – patiently and without compromise.
We are connected by a set of values. A passion to innovate, a sense of ownership, decisions led by facts, a desire to act quickly and fail fast, confidence with low ego, and a commitment to give back to those less fortunate. If you are a distinctive professional who would like to help us reshape the travel industry … join the team!
Execute sales plans to achieve goals. Drive business growth and profitability by identifying opportunities while using a consultative sales approach. Strategically lead entire sales cycle, including effective lead qualification, proposal/RFP responses, and closing. Drive market presence by identifying and participating in events and activities that increase awareness of the Travel Edge brand. Work with EVP Corporate to identify and remove obstacles that are barriers to successful sales.
- Target potential mid-market (> $1M) Corporate clients.
- Conduct preliminary research on potential clients to maximize effectiveness of sales process and develop relevant segmentation
- Analyze target markets and identify prospective business; initiate and own the sales relationship with prospective buyers.
- Build relationships with travel vendors and existing clients to generate leads and referrals
- Participate in regular one-on-ones to keep EVP Corporate informed of opportunities and warm leads.
- Generate new customer contacts each month to achieve personal sales goals
- Create and deliver sales proposals each month to achieve personal sales goals
- Drive the overall value proposition on all opportunities by using selling skills and strong story telling during the sales cycle; sell the value of other areas not in area of primary responsibility (e.g. M&E, Leisure)
- Oversee the end-to-end process of the deal, including strategy setting, sales presentations, proposal development, contract negotiations (including financial terms and conditions), and engage leadership team to ensure alignment in each opportunity; as the account relationship owner you will ensure that client satisfaction is met, and Travel Edge’s goals are considered.
- Build and manage a rolling pipeline as defined by leadership strategy with opportunities that will close during the fiscal year.
- Keep potential clients informed of new products, services and operating changes
- Follow up on client contacts with appropriate correspondence and direct mail
- Ensure smooth hand off of new business to the Implementation, Operations, and Client Services teams
- Coordinate sales operations with all other departments/divisions of the Company.
- Maintain accurate records and up-to-date client information on all prospects, target accounts, and new clients through the Salesforce CRM tool.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years sales experience Travel Industry experience a MUST
- Post secondary education in a related business field preferred
- Hunter mindset
- Decision Making
- Time Management
- Proven track record of exceeding sales
- Presentation skills
- Contract negotiation skills
- Project Management
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience in both short and long sales lifecycle.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Working knowledge of CRM tools, preferably Salesforce
- Up to 10% travel required