EXTREMELY RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR GENERAL MANAGER – SALES
Unique Vacations (Canada) Inc., affiliate of Unique Travel Corp., worldwide representative for Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts, Grand Pineapple Beach Resort and Island Routes Caribbean Adventures, is seeking a General Manager – Sales, based in their Toronto office.
The General Manager - Sales is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with industry partners and training. This individual will support the Director of Sales & Marketing in the development of new business opportunities that support the company’s overall growth strategy.
In liaison with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the GM – Sales will organize, plan and execute training sessions for all Business Development Managers and Associate Business Development Managers. The successful candidate will assist in the education and preparation of the sales staff on all aspects of their roles and will also create consistency of content in training sessions.
The GM – Sales will also regularly review performance of the sales team and provide weekly updates to senior management. This position requires an outgoing, positive, professional attitude, strong communication and time management skills, teamwork and the ability to work evenings and weekends.This role requires travel and a major commitment.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, organized and a highly efficient expert with excellent team-building, organizational and leadership skills.This individual must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient and must have a proven track record of success.
Education & Experience
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree combined with relevant experience in Management, Hospitality or Sales and Marketing.Masters’ degree preferred
- 4-6 years business development or management; previous experience with a Luxury brand and/or travel industry preferred
- Extensive experience in a sales role including recruitment, supervision, training and motivation of managers
- Proven track record in achievement of sales targets
Key Competencies & Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective team management capabilities
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Able to provide input regarding performance and productivity and suggest best solutions
- Able to interpret and analyze sales reports
- Maintain an acceptable driving record