The Manager, Fraud Prevention will be responsible for leading the Fraud Prevention department and the team, directing the identification and investigation of suspected fraudulent activities using knowledge of risk management principles, policies and procedures to mitigate fraud and minimize losses to the company. The Fraud Prevention department operates on a Shared Services model, supporting both the Retail and Wholesale segments of our organization.
- Manage and investigate potential fraud cases and escalated files as necessary including internal and external customer inquiries concerning fraudulent issues
- Act as a liaison between vendors, banks and clients to ensure charges are validated and to identify fraudulent activity
- Proactively manage the amount and value of chargebacks due to fraud
- Ensure the internal, fraud prevention related processes are followed and, when necessary, update the processes to maximize the potential to identify risks
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigations into fraudulent, illegal, or improper activities that could cause losses to or claims against the Company
- Work with internal and external legal resources to manage fraud cases and attend court on behalf of the Company as required
- Develop, review, recommend and implement policies and procedures to detect and prevent the occurrence of fraudulent, illegal, or improper activities
- Liaise with the Operations team to balance efficiency concerns with assurance of adequate security controls and train employees in other areas with regard to identifying and responding to potential or actual fraudulent situations
- Compile reports to keep management informed of department activities, such as the nature and status of the investigations in progress
- Coordinate or assist with recovery of losses due to fraudulent, illegal, or improper activities
- Monitor online booking activity using several applications/systems.
- Investigate and analyze alerts to identify suspected fraud activities and take appropriate action based on standard procedure.
- Use knowledge of policies and processes to effectively and quickly act on issues.
- Contribute to the identification, monitoring and testing of actions to strengthen internal controls.
- Work effectively with peers and management by sharing ideas and knowledge about dispute trends and information.
- In consultation with Executive Team, set expectations and manage the performance of the Fraud Analyst Team including scheduling and overseeing daily work.
- Make certain all necessary fraud related paper work has been completed.
- Identify, with a minimum delay, new fraud trends as they emerge.
- Achieve individual goals, based on quantitative and qualitative standards.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the Travel Industry or in a Fraud Department
- Strong understanding of fraud strategies with respect to operational impacts.
- Adaptability, persistence and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adopt new online technologies
- TICO Certification is an asset
- Experience managing a team is an asset
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Superior communication and customer service skills combined with demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with Sirev, ClientLinq would be assets
- Proficiency in using MS Microsoft Office and social media sites
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Able to work individually and share responsibilities within a team environment.
- Must have flexibility to work weekends and holidays, if necessary.