The WestJet and WestJet Vacations team hosted 170 Vancouver area travel agents at an evening of prizes and presentations that introduced the company’s new service classes and shared it’s vision for the future last night.
“Tonight is about a bit of a progress report, where we are and where we’re going. And what’s in it for the trade and how we can support them,” said Shannon Cunningham, agency sales manager, WestJet & WestJet Vacations. “They are a vital part of our business so it’s to showcase our care and appreciation of them.”
Dreamliners are coming
WestJet will announce routes and destinations for its 10 Dreamliner aircraft on Oct. 10, when seats go on sale. The new service will offer three cabins: Business, which will feature dining on demand, in-flight entertainment, in-seat device charging and connectivity; Premium Economy with extra leg and elbow room, premium menu options and a self-serve social area; and Economy with in-flight entertainment, in-seat device charging and connectivity.
The new business class has resulted in the current fare re-alignment the airline is implementing.
“It’s a necessary evil, it’s a transformation. It allows us to be industry standard with our fare classes. And in the end, it will make us easier to do business with,” noted Cunningham.
More WestJet news
- WestJet is upgrading the Premium Economy cabin on all 737s on the mainline removing the centre blocker seats. The upgrades start January 2019 and will be complete October 2019.
- The airline is introducing its own WestJet Lounges in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto. Each lounge will have a separate space for domestic, transborder and international travellers and boast high technology and low touch environments.
What’s New at WJV
- Effective Sept. 17, WestJet Vacations terms and conditions have changed: there is a $250.00 deposit per guest at the time of booking with final payment due 45 days prior to departure; after final payment, cancellations up to 21 days prior to departure have a 50 per cent of package price penalty; less than 21 days prior to departure the package price is 100 per cent forfeited.
- Mexico West: Solmar Resort Los Cabos in Los Cabos is new to the brand.
- Mexico East: WestJet Vacations offers 67 weekly flights to Cancun in high season. New properties include Sunscape Star Resort & Spa in Cancun; Atelier Playa Mujeres, Estudio Playa Mujeres, Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres and TRS Coral in Playa Mujeres; Haven Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa and Sandos Palm Bay on the Mayan Riviera
- Dominican Republic: New to WestJet are Catalonia Royal Bavaro and Catalonia Bavaro Beach & Golf Resort; new builds include Ocean El Faro and Sanctuary Cap Cana by Play Hotels.
- In Cuba, new properties include the Sercotel Experience Caya Santa Maria, Paradisus Los Cayos in Cayo Santa Maria; and Iberostar Holguin.
- Running through Nov. 25, WestJet Vacations will release Instant Savings offers, six exclusive offers which will feature a different vacation partner and be available for two weeks. Check the Travel Agent resource site for details.