WestJet heads home to Calgary in the third stop of their annual travel trade expo bringing together over 400 travel agents and 70 travel suppliers at the Telus Convention Centre last night after visiting Edmonton and Vancouver earlier in the week.
Jane Clementino, director of agency sales for WestJet and WestJet Vacations welcomed the hometown crowd with pride. “Tonight is about you, the travel agents, for us to show our appreciation and for us to come together. We are a team, and no one more importantly than Calgary, our home base and headquarters for WestJet especially because by next year, 70% of the flights out of Calgary International Airport will be WestJet flights”.
“The mission of WestJet to enrich the lives of everyone is WestJet's world has not changed and we want to continue to provide a safe and affordable experience for travellers.”
- Number one in Canada for on time performance contributing to operational excellence in safety and reliability.
- WestJet Encore is the #1 regional carrier in North America for on time performance.
- Voted best airline in Canada for the second in a row by TripAdvisor in addition to the traveller's choice in North America and traveller's choice for economy air in North America.
- Financial strength with more than 50 consecutive profitable quarters.
- Investing over $1 billion dollars in personnel, aircraft and hangars.
The single most important change WestJet has made is with the network schedule of their flights. Rebuilding the flight schedule to accommodate the growth of WestJet into a global airline, connects more people to more destinations. With Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto being the hub centers, WestJet continues to increase connectivity and frequency providing a larger choice for both leisure and corporate travellers.
The new Dreamliners will connect passenger to global destinations as well as capacity agreements with smaller airlines will connect smaller centers to the larger hubs. Swoop, the new low cost airline begins flying June 20 appealing to the budget conscious traveller. The range and spectrum within their network provides a competitive advantage to other airlines.
New airport lounges will arrive in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto for WestJet Gold Rewards and WestJet Plus passengers.
A new and improved partnership with Delta Airlines is also on its way, to coordinate flights schedules that will align opportunities for seamless and convenient connections.
Josh Knox, Business Development Manager for Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories took the stage highlight the new developments.
- A seven day stopover program is available for passengers who want to include a 7 day stop in select Canadian cities before heading to London, Paris or Glasgow.
- Seat selection can be reserved in advance on WestJet's website.
- Increased frequency of flights and improved schedule between Vancouver to Calgary, and Calgary to Toronto for business travellers and to connect to sunnier destinations from Toronto.
- Increased frequency of flights from Calgary to Edmonton (12x/day) and Fort McMurray (5x/day) and added direct flights from Calgary to Quebec City (4x/week).
- Popular destinations from Calgary include Nashville with direct flights 5x/week, Las Vegas (22x/week), Palm Springs (5x/week) and Cancun (5x/week).
- New Canada Program will be available as the Dreamliners will bring an increase of international visitors to Canada.
- New 2018/2019 WestJet Vacations brochure was released featuring new properties added in Puerto Vallarta, Huatulco, Los Cabos, Cancun, Rivieria Maya, Jamaica, Cuba, and Dominican Republic.