Crystal River Cruises will launch a new collection of destination experiences in 2018, for voyages along Europe’s Danube, Rhine and Main rivers.
The newly-added offerings focus on authenticity and are tailored to travelers’ individual interests, featuring smaller group sizes and unique details, Crystal said.
Nearly 200 excursions are included, from a string & opera performance in an historic Antwerp cathedral to an owner-hosted tasting at Schlagkamp Winery in Cochem. Additional pursuits also available at a cost, such as a private home cooking lesson in Kehl or canoeing through the canals of Strasbourg.
The shore-side excursions comprise five types of experiences including:
- Personal Connections – Those looking to explore the culture of a destination can enjoy a one-of-a-kind tour hosted by local residents, artisans and experts;
- Tantalizing Gastronomy – Guests can relish in the signature culinary styles and specialties of the destination with a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities;
- Cultural Discoveries – Guests will enjoy comprehensive insight from expert guides into historical landmarks, museums, iconic sites and architectural marvels;
- Exhilarating Adventures – Active cruise travelers can participate in a selection of invigorating pursuits that combine historical and cultural experiences;
- Design Your Time – For a more tailored vacation, guests can choose this option, which features a concierge service that designs unique private tours as well as a menu of customized choices.
Each river itinerary will also feature inclusive Signature Events, which offer rare access and musical performances in iconic landmarks including Vienna’s Belvedere Palace, Linz’s St. Florian Monastery, Rüdesheim’s Monastery Eberbach, and others.
Excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests; for larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via spacious motor coaches that include free WiFi.