While it isn’t a household name in Canada(yet), Seattle-based UnCruise Adventures has been bringing innovation to cruising for 26 years. At a Vancouver presentation, Cathy Lamb, sales manager at UnCruise spoke about how the company differs from other cruise lines.
Not your everyday cruise
The company name itself suggests a departure from the normal cruise experience.
“We’re about getting out to the wilderness," Lamb pointed out. “Although our itineraries are set, they remain fluid. If we see whales, we’ll linger longer, if we come across a spectacular beach, we’ll land there. We bring our guests close to the shoreline and to the wildlife. There is no better way to experience these destinations.”
Absent from an UnCruise adventure are shopping excursions, formal attire, and commercialized port visits with thousands of other tourists. Rather, guests enjoy paddling with whales, swimming with sea lions, hiking through lush forests, and cruising remote coves, where big ships can’t go.
- All oceanview accommodations on small ships carrying between 22 and 88 guests.
- Rates include all meals, all beverages, excursions, transfers, and watersports equipment.
- Expedition teams and local guides knowledgeable in all aspects of the destinations visited.
- An array of excursions to suit all activity and fitness levels.
- Focus is on in-depth destination discovery through hiking, biking, paddling, and skiff rides.
Small ships, big destinations
UnCruise’s fleet of nine ships bring guests to a variety of unique places:
- Seven dedicated ships sailing between Juneau, Sitka & Ketchikan.
- Season begins in April, before all other ships arrive, and ends in late September, after all ships have left.
- Expanded selling season means a 20-35 percent increase in revenue for agents.
- Small town visits include Haines, Petersburg, Kake, Wrangell.
In the footsteps of Lewis & Clark
- 7-days summer and fall sailings to the Columbia & Snake river roundtrip from Portland, Oregon.
- Adventure program offers white water rafting, kayaking, and hiking.
- Wine and culinary themed cruises are available in the fall.
Mexico’s Sea of Cortes
- 7-day sailings departing roundtrip from La Paz in the winter.
- Opportunities to see gray whales, whale sharks, sea lions and sea birds.
- 7-day sailings between Molokai and Kona, November to April.
- Includes night snorkel excursion with manta rays.
Wild Pacific Northwest
- 7-day sailings roundtrip from Seattle to the Olympic Peninsula and Salish Sea.
- Visits to old growth forests, rugged coastlines, glacial fjords, whale and wildlife watching.
- Full ship charter of 48-guest La Pinta, eight to ten sailings per year.
- 7-day sailings plus one pre-cruise stay in Guayaquil.
- Small group excursions of no more than twelve guests.
Costa Rica and Panama
- Year-round, 7-day Costa Rica intensive itinerary including a full Panama Canal transit.
- 10 and 12-day departures includes additional visits into Panama.
- Travel agent section on www.uncruise.com includes marketing resources and customizable collateral.
- Agents who complete the Certified Adventurist Program will be listed on UnCruise consumer website, earn bonus commission, and have access to fam rates.