In the coming weeks, Celebrity Cruises will unveil the latest stage in its continuous evolution: the Celebrity Flora will officially start year-round sailings to the Galapagos Islands.
Described by the company as an ‘elevated and inspired approach to marine exploration,’ the ship was designed specifically for the Galapagos Islands, with features including anchorless technology to maintain the ship’s position while protecting the sea floor.
Guests will have 360-degree views of the islands, with personal suite attendants, new dining venues, an open-air stargazing platform, and ecological seminars led by experts also included.
The Flora Celebrity in detail
- Size : 5.739 tons, 101 metres long, 16.7 metres wide
- Passengers : maximum of 100 passengers, due to limited capacity restrictions in the Galapagos Islands
- Crew : 80 and a ratio of a naturalist for 12 passengers
- Itineraries: 7-day cruises exclusively from Baltra Island and around the islands
- 50 cabins, all suites, including two Penthouse suites with separate indoor and outdoor areas, customizable lighting and a telescope; The ship will also have Royal Suites, Ultimate SKY Suites and Premium Sky Suites with both the Infinite Veranda, and Sky Suites
- Two restaurants:
- the Seaside for daily meals, always with panoramic views in a relaxed setting
- the Ocean Grill to have dinner under the stars
- Observation from the outside thanks to the Vista, a section with 360-degree views equipped with deckchairs and private cabanas, the Observatory and its floor-ceiling windows, a star observation platform animated by an astronomer
- A naturalist centre, Darwin's Cove, which focuses on Galapagos wildlife and environmental issues and organizes eco-focused seminars led by experts in the field
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!