Princess Cruises is bringing its Princess MedallionClass experience to three more ships in its fleet later this year, providing cruisers with an innovative approach to service delivered through the line’s OceanMedallion device.
The program – which provides guests with a wearable OceanMedallion to access various services and amenities – is coming to Crown Princess in July and Sky Princess in October, after launching on Caribbean Princess in 2018. Following activation aboard Regal Princess on Feb. 17, the service will be available on all Princess ships sailing the Caribbean.
In addition, the line is bringing Royal Princess into the MedallionClass later this year, the first ship in the class to cruise Alaska.
How it works
Created with the aim of providing travellers “an enhanced vacation through simplified, personalized and engaging experiences,” the OceanMedallion is a wearable device that provides cruisers with a number of benefits, including:
- A personalized check-in process for guests who have uploaded their travel documents and passport to the device;
- Access to the line’s MedallionNet high-speed Wi-Fi;
- On-demand beverage delivery through the OceanNow app;
- Hands-free keyless stateroom entry;
- OceanCompass, a detailed map of the ship including directions to all amenities;
- The ShipMates chat service, allowing fellow cruises to easily communicate with each other;
- MedallionPay, an easy-to-use payment feature;
- Numerous entertainment options including the OceanCasino digital gaming app; the PlayOcean game portal, offering interactive entertainment via mobile device; and the OceanView streaming service.