Viking has added seven new river ships to its European fleet.
READ MORE: Take a 360° degree tour of the new Viking Jupiter
Of the seven ships, six are Viking Longships – Viking Einar, Viking Sigrun, Viking Sigyn, Viking Tir, Viking Ullur and Viking Vali – which will be deployed on Viking’s most popular itineraries on the Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers.
The seventh new ship – Viking Helgrim – was inspired by the Longships design and built specifically for the Douro River, bringing the company’s total number of sister ships in Portugal to four. Last month, the company took delivery of its sixth ocean ship, Viking Jupiter, which will be named in Oslo on June 6.
Godmothers named in ceremony
In keeping with a maritime tradition that dates back thousands of years, Viking invited seven long-serving employees and important members of the company’s family to serve as honorary godmothers of the new ships.
- Leah Talactac, Godmother of Viking Einar
- Natalia Hofmann, Godmother of Viking Helgrim
- Wendy Atkin-Smith, Godmother of Viking Sigrun
- Rikke Semb Pertile, Godmother of Viking Sigyn
- Gisela Rückert, Godmother of Viking Tir
- Linh Banh, Godmother of Viking Ullur
- Minxuan Zhao, Godmother of Viking Vali
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!