Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts has announced that guests will not be able to stay at select hotels from March until as far as October.
"In light of the world health emergency caused by the spread of COVID-19 globally, we are following all current protocols and recommendations published by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and local authorities in all countries we operate,” the company wrote in a letter posted to Facebook on Tuesday (March 17th). “As a result, at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts we are taking the following measurements, with the health and safety of our guests and employees as our maximum priority.”
The company, for the moment, is not permitting stays at the following hotels:
- Bahia Principe Sunlight San Felipe ………… from March 16 through May 31
- Bahia Principe Sunlight Tenerife ….….…..… from March 16 through May 31
- Bahia Principe Sunlight Costa Adeje …….. from March 16 through April 30
- Bahia Principe Fantasia Tenerife ………….. from March 16 through April 30
Guests arriving at hotels in Tenerife will be redirected to Bahia Principe Sunlight Costa Adeje, where they will be accommodated.
In Dominican Republic:
In Bahia Principe La Romana Resort
- Bahia Principe Luxury Bouganville ..…from March 16 through April 30
- Bahia Principe Grand La Romana…..…from March 16 through April 30
Arrivals as from March 18th onwards will be redirected to the Bahia Principe complex in Bavaro. Reservations for Bahia Principe Luxury Bouganville will be redirected to Bahia Principe Luxury Ambar and the reservations for Bahia Principe Grand La Romana will be redirected to Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana.
In Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort:
- Bahia Principe Grand Aquamarine …… from March 16 through May 31
- Bahia Principe Grand Bavaro ………….… from March 16 through May 31
- Bahia Principe Luxury Esmeralda……..… from March 16 through May 31
All check-ins are being protected since March 15th to Bahia Principe Luxury Ambar, Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana and Bahia Principe Fantasia Punta Cana
In the Samana destination:
- Bahia Principe Luxury Samana …… from March 16 through October 31
- Bahia Principe Grand Cayacoa …… from March 16 through October 31
- Bahia Principe Grand El Portillo ……... from March 16 through April 30
All arrivals to this destination are being redirected as from March 15th to Bahia Principe Luxury Cayo Levantado.
"We appreciate that we are all living in challenging and difficult times, especially in our industry," the company stated.
"As a business we have to act responsibly and that is why we have taken these measures. We hope this situation is resolved as soon as possible. We will keep you informed about any development or additional measure we might take in the upcoming days. Our teams will keep you informed and updated of all the measures taken through the usual channels."
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!