Reservations are now open for stays at Margaritaville Island Reserve by Karisma Riviera Cancun, Margaritaville’s first inclusive resort experience, which represents a complete conversion of the former Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya by Karisma.
The property officially opens in March 2020.
Located beachfront along the stunning Riviera Maya coastline in Mexico, Margaritaville Island Reserve by Karisma Riviera Cancún blends luxury hospitality with a laid-back beach vibe. Exclusive to Margaritaville Island Reserve, the guest experience at the new Riviera Cancún property will be kept casual yet customized thanks to a team of Island Ambassadors who are passionate about Margaritaville, the destination, and ensuring every guest’s vacation is entertaining and memorable. A concierge, vacation-planner, and a catalyst for fun rolled into one, these Ambassadors are on-call to answer questions and handle any requests.
About the resort
Margaritaville Island Reserve by Karisma Riviera Cancún will deliver world-class amenities, service, and top-quality food and beverage. Guests will be presented flip-flops and welcome drinks upon arrival, setting the tone for a refreshing Island Reserve Inclusive experience. With only 148 guestrooms and suites, the intimate beachfront property allows for a highly personalized vacation, with plenty of space to seek refuge at any of the resort’s four pools, four restaurants, six specialty bars, and 8,000-square-foot St. Somewhere Spa, by Karisma.
Guest of the resort can expect the following in their rooms:
- Nine styles of guestrooms and suites reflecting an upscale coastal design, including oceanfront and swim-up options with direct access to the main swimming pools.
- All accommodations open to a balcony complete with Adirondack chairs or daybeds, overlooking either the pools, gardens or Caribbean Sea.
- Custom maritime-inspired furnishings and authentic Mexican touches, with smart TVs and Wi-Fi.
- Every room will have a complimentary customizable in-room bar experience. Guests can treat themselves to their favorite drinks, complete with all the glassware and tools needed for true personalization.
Dine & drink
Margaritaville Island Reserve's dining options range from premium fine-dining to casual beach fare, and so much more. There are four restaurants and six specialty bars. Highlights of the food and beverage options include:
- Homemade Italian cuisine served with wine from an extensive Wine Spectator awarded wine list at Frank & Lola’s
- Rita’s Taco House, serving traditional Mexican fare with phenomenal ocean views
- Open-air Caribbean-inspired Beach House
- Stranded on a Sand Bar Swim-Up Bar complete with hanging beds, Blended, where guests can whip up their favorite fresh fruit on a bike blender. Plus, Margaritaville’s signature concepts, License to Chill Bar and Five o’Clock Somewhere Bar
- Joe Merchant’s Coffee & Provisions is the place for freshly brewed Mexican coffee, and extensive beverage and snack offerings from early in the morning to late at night
Plus, guests will enjoy a daily “foodie hour” featuring surprise dishes with a gourmet spin. Drinks, featuring a tropical twist, will also be delivered to the beach and pool areas in fun and creative ways.
The following amenities and services are also included in your stay:
- St. Somewhere Spa, By Karisma (8,000 square feet, including an exclusive Couples Suite and Bridal Suite, an expansive hydrotherapy area, and a full-service beauty salon, herbal steam room, dry sauna and chromotherapy shower.
- Wedding and event planning team on site with premium facilities (beachfront gazebo and signature Sky Wedding location with stunning 360-degree views from the private rooftop terrace)
- Live daily entertainment
- Parakeets Kid’s Club with supervised daily activities for children four-12 years old, including cooking classes, mad lab experiments, piñata making, pajama parties and movie nights
For more information on the Margaritaville Island Reserve, click here!
See it for yourself
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!