The Yucatan is one of the most popular tourist areas in Mexico and Barceló Hotel Group has eight properties under four distinct brands that appeal to a diverse clientele.
PAX recently joined Barceló for an exploration of the following properties:
For travelers with a who are looking for medium-sized hotels at the best price.
The Allegro Cozumel: 305 rooms
We love :
- The Ultimate Dive Experience package for scuba diving enthusiasts, which includes a free bottle of compressed air daily. A boat picks guests up directly on the hotel's beach to explore, among other things, the Palancar Reef (located about ten minutes away by boat), ranked in the top five scuba diving destinations in the world.
- A pirate theme park for children, the only one on Cozumel Island
The Allegro Cozumel
The Allegro Playacar: 286 rooms
- The property is just a few minutes’ walk from Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue
- The long beach of Playacar
- The pool overlooking the beach and the sea
- The lush vegetation on the site
- The kids' club pool
For those looking for large 4-star hotels and more with many restaurants, activities and facilities.
The Barceló Maya Grand Resort has five hotels: Maya Beach, Maya Caribe, Maya Colonial, Maya Palace and Maya Tropical with a total of 2,760 rooms .
- Unlimited access to all Maya Beach, Maya Colonial, Maya Caribe and Maya Tropical facilities and activities. Please note that only guests of Maya Palace have access to this 5-star resort.
- The option of trying a new restaurant and swimming in a different pool every day among the hotels.
- The children's spa (the only one of the Barceló chain)
- The many facilities and activities for families
- The culinary experience of the à la carte French restaurant La Brasserie at Maya Palace. The foie gras is a must!
For those looking for medium-sized 4 star hotels and the best value for money .
Occidental Tucancun, Cancun: 336 rooms
- The property’s urban style
- Its beautiful 200-metre long white sand beach
- The swimming pool overlooking the sea
- Its proximity to the nightlife of the Cancun Hotel Zone (10 minutes)
- The private room located in the storeroom of the Italian restaurant La Trattoria
The Occidental Costa Cancun, Cancun: 358 rooms
- It is the only hotel in the Cancun hotel zone to have a beach with natural palm trees
- The calm waters of the beach that is nestled in a bay
- The beach bar located close to the sea
- Cocktails and traditional dishes tasted at Mexico Lindo restaurant
Occidental Costa Cancun
Occidental Cozumel: 250 rooms
- The white sand beach
- Colonial architecture inspired by Mexican haciendas
- The mangroves and lush gardens surrounding the site
Occidental at Xcaret Destination: 757 rooms
- Its proximity to XCaret Park (just five minutes away) and packages giving unlimited access to the site
- The presence of exotic animals roaming freely on the site (monkeys, iguanas, coatis)
- The adults-only natural pool with sea water
- Intimate beach sheltered from the waves
- The lagoon that runs through the hotel
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
For travellers seeking a luxurious getaway for adults-only in an intimate setting.
Royal Hideaway Playacar: 200 rooms
- The walking distance from 5th Avenue of Playa del Carmen (15 minutes)
- The long beach of Playacar
- The intimate site and the chic casual style of the hotel
- The chef's table at Las Ventanas restaurant. This unique experience offers guests the opportunity to interact with Michelin-starred chef Alejandro Sánchez
The Royal Hideaway Playacar
- This article was made possible by the invitation of Barceló Hotel Group *