This week, PAX experienced the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana's Kidz Bop Experience, an interactive space dedicated to music and dance for children from five to 12 years old.
With more than 19 million albums sold since its launch in 2001, Kidz Bop is a musical phenomenon popular with young children, featuring songs sung by children, for children.
A fine-tuned partnership
For Hard Rock Hotels, this kind of partnership fits perfectly, given Hard Rock's history with music.
"We are always trying to create something different, which is out of the ordinary, in our hotels in Mexico and the Dominican Republic," said Dana Baasiri, director of public relations, AIC Hotel Group. "A partnership with Kidz Bop makes a lot of sense to us and we hope we can introduce it to our hotels in Mexico."
Four days of festivities
The "Ultimate Kidz Bop Live Fan Experience Week" kicked off last Monday at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana.
Over a period of four days, the seven current members of the band, Cooper, Ahnya, Shane, Isaiah, Liv, Freddy and Julianna, were present at various events, from a party in the pool, to autograph sessions and photos. The fun wrapped up on Wednesday night with a final concert.
A place to get creative
Kidz Bop members kicked off the Kidz Bop Experience with a loud crash, quite literally.
Instead of a ribbon-cutting cermony, Hard Rock Hotels gets things started by smashing guitars on the ground, which is exactly what happened Monday evening.
"How do you become a Kidz Bop kid?" asks Sasha Junk, vice president marketing, Kidz Bop. "We wanted kids and fans to try it out and we are excited to have this partnership with Hard Rock Hotels."
The Kidz Bop Experience
- A Pop Star lounge, open to children from five to 12 years old.
- Open Tuesday and Thursday, for two sessions, at 16h and 18h30.
- Each session allows children to become a star singer in two hours, using a tour manager.
- Among the activities: creation of a group name, dance lesson, karaoke session, choice of pop star clothing, mini photoshoot, album cover sketching and finally, a stage performance.
- The second floor of the Pop Star lounge has a loft to listen to music.
- Pop-up events are organized every week at the hotel: a party in the children's pool on Wednesdays at 12pm, as well as a sundae bar and other treats on Tuesdays at 2pm.
The real highlight, as PAX learned, is to see the children perform everything they've learned that week in front of their proud parents.
Get more info on the Kidz Bop Experience happening at Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana.