Sandals hosted an appreciation lunch in Vancouver to recognize its travel agency partners.
Maureen Barnes-Smith, director of sales and marketing for Unique Vacations, emphasized the importance of Sandals’ partnerships with the agent community.
“The travel agent continues to be the base of everything that we do. From the marketing pieces we produce, our participation on social media and at consumer events, to our Certified Sandals Specialist training - we do it to help you sell Sandals and Beaches every day.”
Vancouver-based BDM Winston Chang, who has recently won Sandals’ North American BDM of the year out of 150 contenders, works tirelessly to promote Sandals to his clients.
“In addition to myself, and our Inside Sales team, there are 14,000 colleagues on the islands, waiting to give your clients the best vacation ever. We’ve given you an all inclusive super brand that has over forty percent repeat clientele. You’re selling Gold!” Chang told the group.
Revolutionizing the all-inclusive concept
Sandals introduced the luxury all-inclusive concept 35 years ago, and continues to redefine the hospitality industry. Accolades include being voted Caribbean’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort, and Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive Resort for 25 years in a row. According to Barnes-Smith:
"We are offering the best Caribbean vacation anyone can have.”
The following updates were shared by the Sandals team.
Increasing airlift from the west
- Nonstop service from Calgary to Montego Bay and Nassau on WestJet over the winter season.
- Convenient connections available from almost all BC cities.
- Sandals operates 24 resorts on 8 Caribbean islands.
- Luxury BMW and Rolls Royce transfers between airport and resort for guests in top category suites.
- Exclusive Over-the-Water Villas, Love Nest, Club and Butler suites with professionally trained English butlers.
- Land and water sports including golf and diving, with dedicated scuba boats.
5-Star global gourmet
- 193 restaurants and 24 unique dining concepts across its resorts.
- Culinary Concierge looks after menu planning for guests with special dietary needs, without compromising on the quality and variety of meals.
- Top shelf liquor included with every stay.
Aisle to Isle weddings
- Versatile wedding program allowing guests to mix and match amenities, decor and services.
- Free weddings included with stays of 3 nights or longer.
- Over-the-water wedding chapel available at Sandals South Coast and coming this November to Sandals Montego Bay.
Travel Agent Portal
- Resource centre for marketing materials, co-branded website, complimentary car wraps.
- Agents must register all bookings to receive recognition, as travel agency information is not provided on bookings made through tour operators.
- Agents earn rewards based on dollar value of commissionable bookings, redeemable online for stays.
- Visit taportal.sandals.com
Sandals Cash Splash Contest
- For direct bookings of 3 nights or longer, agents have a chance to win monthly prizes of up to $1,000 cash.
- Contest runs until September 30, 2019.