Velas Resorts in Mexico has launched an extensive ‘Stay Safe with Velas' program.
Detailed in 15 pages, the program covers seven categories including general health and sanitary measures, special protocols for guests and staff members, public areas, housekeeping, transportation and security, and food and beverage. It adheres to standards dictated by the World Health Organization and the government of Mexico.
"We are committed to putting the health and well-being of guests and staff members first," said Eduardo Vela Ruiz, president and founder of Velas Resorts. "Each of our luxury resorts will now feature a plethora of post-COVID-19 hygiene protocols, high efficiency sanitization and other advanced cleaning measures."
Highlighted below are various health and sanitary initiatives broken down in their respective categories from the program:
GENERAL HEALTH AND SANITARY MEASURES:
- - All resorts will increase cleaning frequency in commons areas, with special attention to surfaces such as entrance doors, tables, elevators, seating areas, and more;
- - All resorts will be cleaned with chemicals authorized by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency);
- - Touchless hand sanitizing dispensers will be put at various high-contact points at the resorts, including the main lobby, staff and suppliers entrance, pool area, restaurants and bars, Teens' Clubs, gyms, and Convention Centers;
- - Sanitizing mats will be placed in the following areas: Lobby entrance, pick-up and drop-off areas, Kids' Clubs, Teens' Clubs, Spas, and restaurants;
- - Physical distancing measures will be enforced with guests and staff members, following the World Health Organization's recommendations to keep at least 6 ft. distance apart;
FOR STAFF MEMBERS:
- - Special COVID-19 training will be provided for all staff, focusing on safety and hygiene protocols outlined in the program;
- - Physical distancing of at least 6 ft.;
- - All staff members, before and after their work day, will be required to pass through a sanitizing booth with a high-efficiency steam system and an infrared sensor, which is highly effective in sanitizing people and objects;
- - Staff members' temperatures will be checked when boarding the resort's staff bus and upon their arrival at the resort;
- - Hand washing from all staff members will be required on an hourly basis for a period of 20 seconds or less, or when they are in contact with a group of people;
- - All staff will receive personal protection kits and equipment, including face masks and transparent materials in areas of direct and indirect contact with guests;
- - Every guest will receive the ‘Stay Safe with Velas' program, highlighting all security and hygiene protocols;
- - Body temperatures will be taken from each guest;
- - Guests will be asked to use a sanitizing mat, to wash their hands, and use hand sanitizer frequently;
- - Guests' luggage will be sanitized upon arrival;
- - Upon departure, guests will receive a sanitary kit, including gloves, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and a face mask;
All resorts will increase the cleaning frequency of common areas, with special attention to surfaces with the most contact, such as gaming areas, lobby, guest elevators, handrails, tables and desks, benches, armchairs and/or waiting rooms, and garbage bins.
- Pools will be cleaned daily, and thoroughly again at the end of the day, as well as sun loungers and their linings and cabanas after each guest's use;
- All housekeeping equipment will be sanitized at the beginning and end of every shift, including maid trolleys, suite service tables, and trays;
- All floors, walls, curtains, rugs, armchairs, desks, remote controls, telephones, mirrors, doors, and other high-touch points will be sanitized in each suite with steam injection, and air conditioning systems will be sanitized with UV light;
- All products in the minibar will be replaced by sanitized products at the end of each guest's stay;
- Printed materials in each suite will be replaced for each guest or will be protected with a washable material, allowing it be sanitized easily after each guest;
- All amenities will be removed after each guest's departure, regardless whether they used them or not;
TRANSPORTATION & SECURITY:
All vehicles at the resorts will be sanitized with steam after each use;
- Every trip to and from the resort will be made without a co-pilot and with a maximum of 5 passengers, including the driver;
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
- - All serving staff members must wear a face mask at all times;
- - Crockery must be washed and sanitized after each use, as well as other high-touch points such as tables, chairs, napkins, trays, service bars, check holders, and pens;
- - Menus will be made available on each guest's personal devices to eliminate the need for printed menus;
- - Suite service will be delivered at the door, and all meals will be protected with a plastic film or a food cover;
The full Stay Safe with Velas program can be found here.
For more information about the program and to learn more about Velas Resorts, visit www.velasresorts.com.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!