As whale season approaches, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea has created a variety of ways for guests to experience these majestic creatures.
From a private whale watch led by professional photographers to sightings from any of the legendary Resort's oceanfront vistas, the expert Concierge Team can design a customized itinerary for whale enthusiasts of all kinds.
Whale season officially runs from Dec. 15 through May 15, and sightings in the waters fronting the luxury Resort are in full swing. The following experiences, most exclusively available for guests of Four Seasons Maui, are available to those who wish to witness this natural phenomenon:
- Whale Watch Photo Excursion: Guests can embark on an Unforgettable Experience with the Cesere Brothers, Maui's top underwater photographers and members of Keiki Kohola Project whale research team. They'll learn how to take photos of whales above water and other marine life below on this fully customizable private day on the ocean.
- SUP HIIT and SUP Yoga: Maui's most beautiful fitness studio is on the tropical Pacific Ocean. Fitness enthusiasts will enjoy taking their HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) or yoga practice to the next level on a stand-up paddleboard, and seasonal whale sightings are common.
- Ocean View Cabana: Guests can watch whales play from the Resort's best new vantage point, the Ocean View Cabanas. These cabanas boast prime viewing real estate and a dedicated Cabana Angel to deliver five-star services and amenities throughout the day. Binoculars are provided.
- Outrigger Canoe: Travellers will join the Resort's champion outrigger canoe team to learn the history and how-to's of this ancient paddling sport. Guests often encounter whales on the complimentary activity, as well as turtles and other marine life.
- Oceanfront Suite: Perched above Wailea Beach, the Resort is situated perfectly for spotting whales, but there is no better vantage point than from the balcony of a luxury Oceanfront Suite. This January through March, Complete Suite Package Oceanfront Suite guests will receive a $500 ocean activity credit to apply toward one of the various ways to experience the whales.
- Whale Art: Guests will meet Maui's most notable artists at the Resort's exquisite open-air gallery, open daily. Whale lovers will enjoy Chelsea Kohl's contemporary whale tail pop art on Saturday evenings and the Cesere Brothers' underwater whale photography on Thursday mornings.
- Kayak Whale Watch: The Resort's onsite ocean experts, Maui Undersea Adventures, educate guests on the marine ecosystem during an intimate kayak whale watch adventure.
- Classic Whale Watch: With a number of private or group options at their fingertips, the Concierge will recommend the perfect catamaran, sailboat or zodiac for guests looking for a traditional whale watch option.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!