Guests visiting the Disneyland Resort in 2018 will enjoy new experiences, plus exciting new elements added to some of their favorite shows and attractions.
Pixar comes to life like never before at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in 2018 to celebrate friendship and beyond, with the first-ever Pixar Fest opening April 13 and a new land, Pixar Pier, opening for summer.
During this limited time event, guests will be among the first to enjoy a new Pixar-themed fireworks spectacular, the return of two favorite parades with new Pixar surprises, new décor, atmosphere entertainment and more.
In summer 2018, Pixar Pier will open as a new land in Disney California Adventure, featuring four neighborhoods where guests can step into beloved Disney•Pixar stories. The first neighborhood, inspired by The Incredibles, will feature the new Incredicoaster, and others will celebrate themes from Pixar favorites such as Toy Story and Inside Out.
Other 2018 highlights include:
Disney California Adventure Park:
- Lunar New Year: The biggest Lunar New Year celebration yet will commemorate the Year of the Dog, Jan. 26 to Feb. 18, with multicultural performances, activities, cuisine and themed merchandise.
- Food & Wine Festival: From March 2 to April 12, the popular Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returns with offerings for guests of all ages to enjoy. With new experiences happening daily, guests will explore California-inspired cuisine and beverage offerings, tastings, entertainment, plus presentations and demonstrations with celebrity chefs such as Robert Irvine and Alexandra Guarnaschelli.
- Heroic Encounters: In Hollywood Land, guests will have the opportunity to meet some of their favorite Marvel super heroes. Fans will be able to encounter characters such as Thor and Loki, as well as Black Panther, for a limited time. Additional Marvel super heroes including Spider-Man and Captain America will also be available throughout the year to interact and take photos with guests.
- “World of Color”: The dazzling nighttime extravaganza “World of Color” will delight guests across Paradise Bay. Scenes from beloved Disney and Disney•Pixar films stream across an immense water “screen” to create an unforgettable experience.
At Disneyland Park:
- “Together Forever—A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”: As part of Pixar Fest, this immersive, new fireworks show celebrates Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky
- “Pixar Play Parade”: For the first time, this popular show will make its way through Disneyland starting April 13, bringing even more fan-favorite Pixar stories to guests with the addition of three new story elements.
- Star Tours—The Adventures Continue: A new adventure inspired by the film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” has landed at Star Tours — The Adventures Continue. The new sequence takes passengers to two exciting new destinations: Crait, the site of an epic battle in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and Batuu, the remote outpost guests will discover when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland in 2019.
Guests staying at the newly refurbished Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will experience enhanced amenities, including reimagined guest rooms, delightful new furnishings and design elements in the six-story Great Hall lobby, a sparkling new look to the pool area and revitalized concierge lounge. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is located inside Disney California Adventure, providing guests with a special entrance to the theme park.
To enhance a visit to the Disneyland Resort, guests may download the official Disneyland App to purchase tickets and find useful information at their fingertips, including attraction wait times, FastPass return times, maps, entertainment guides and other special features such as Disney MaxPass. With Disney MaxPass, guests are able to reserve digital Disney FastPass selections from their mobile devices while in the parks, as well as download, share and save unlimited Disney PhotoPass photos from their day.