“Tonight is a celebration for you!” said Marigold Frontuna of Air Canada Vacations, as she welcomed agents at Vancouver’s PNE last night. “We wanted to bring you two of our key partners tonight, and to show appreciation for all that you do for us."
Held at the PNE Prize Home site, agents enjoyed an informal barbecue, a tour of the luxury home, and the opportunity to purchase tickets for the draw.
ACV celebrates agent partnership
“It’s no rocket science, trade is very important to us,” said Dana Gain, ACV’s senior director of sales, groups & partnerships. “We’re here to support you. We are now fully staffed in the West, we give you a thousand percent and you’ll see more of that as time goes on.”
Agents in attendance were the first in Western Canada to receive the 2018/19 Sun brochure, featuring more then 700 resorts catering to couples, singles, families and wedding groups. Noteworthy highlights include:
- Flights to Mexico are now on Air Canada mainline Boeing 737 Max.
- Upgrades to true business class cabin available from $299 roundtrip.
- From YVR: 4 weekly flights to CUN and PVR, 3 weekly flights to ZIH and SJD.
- From YYC: 4 weekly flights to PVR, 3 weekly flights to CUN and SJD.
- EBB offer for bookings made by September 9 and paid by October 31st: $600 off per family plus 8 free days of airport parking at YVR’s Park N Fly or YYC’s Park N Jet.
- Book a wedding group by October 31st and get $500 flight credit per group.
- ACV offers a price match policy.
Mexico reports strong stats from Canada
Rodrigo Diaz de Rivera Vargas of Mexico Tourism shared some statistics with PAX.
“Canada is the second most important country for Mexico tourism. And thanks to our partnership with Air Canada, in 2018, one in every five Canadians will be travelling to Mexico on an Air Canada flight.”
- In 2018, Mexico was the sixth most-visited country in the world, rising quickly from 12th place in just six years.
- Two million Canadians visited Mexico in 2017 - 450,000 from BC, and 400,000 from Alberta, representing almost forty five percent of total visitors.
- Agents are encouraged to log onto www.VisitMexicoUniversity.com to complete the Mexico Specialist training program.
AMResorts continues Growth
“AMResorts have grown from 22 properties in 2013, to 55 properties today, with 15 more coming,” said Carlo Trinidad of AMResorts. “As always, my priority is to the travel agents. I am there to answer their questions, help them with bookings, and provide training - watch for my August webinar dates, invitations will be coming soon.”
Trinidad also provide a brand update:
- Reflect Hotels & Resorts will be launching in August, introducing newly acquired properties Reflect Krystal Grand in Cancun, Los Cabos and Nuevo Vallarta. It's AMResort’s seventh brand, in the unlimited luxury category.
- Breathless Resorts & Spas will be rebranding its current imagery, and will emphasize its sophisticated adults-only, lively ambiance.
- 4.5-star Sunscape Star will welcome value conscious families to Puerto Cancun in March 2019.
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita in Riviera Maya has introduced the Impression Club level with 9 new villa-inspired suites with butler service and Endless Privileges amenities.