Contiki has announced the launch of its new 2019 Africa program that will visit the southern and eastern portion of the continent.
While Contiki already offers experiences in Northern Africa, Morocco and Egypt, eastern and southern Africa are a new opportunity.
This announcement also marks the first new region since launching Latin America in 2010 and represents Contiki’s growing footprint of the millennial traveller seeking unfiltered adventure.
Beginning in 2019, four new trips will see young adventurers explore South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Kenya, plus five additional extension experiences.
Agents are encouraged to learn more by visiting ContikiU on the TTC Agent Academy where a new training module with further information on Contiki’s new program has been uploaded. Also for a limited time, clients who book an African adventure seven days or longer from now until Aug. 14th can save up to $265 on select trips by quoting the promo code 'PPAFRICA'.
What agents need to know
The majority of Contiki's 2019 Africa trips will include high-quality accommodation, unforgettable experiences, all entry fees, and most meals.
New main trips
- Cape, Safari and Falls (11 days)
- Taste of Tanzania (7 days)
- Kenyan Highlights (7 days)
- East Africa Safari (13 days)
While Contiki’s new 2019 Africa ‘Add-On Trips’ can be booked independently, they have been selected to be added to one of the four ‘main’ trips, extending the clients’ experience in Africa whether they want something active, relaxing or up close with more wildlife. For travellers with time and wanderlust, Add-On Trips can be linked together providing one ultimate African experience.
- Gorilla Trek – a 4-day trip through Uganda’s Entebbe, Bwindi and Lake Mburo, where travellers will come face to face with incredible Gorilla’s living in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Reserve.
- Kili Climb – offering two ways to climb, clients can choose their adventure depending on their skill level and how much time they have. Shorter and steeper, Contiki’s Marangu trek will have guests summit in seven days, whereas the longer Rongai trek will spread the climb over eight days.
- Zanzibar Escape – offering two accommodation options, beach huts or resort, Contiki’s new Zanzibar Escape packages provide an opportunity for sunshine and relaxation before or after an active trip.
Get access to all of Contiki's 2019 trips!