Exodus Travels creates stories weaved through travel experiences at the Evening of Adventure Launch event at the Wildrose Brewery Restaurant in Calgary last night.
Kent Phillips, business development manager, Western USA and Canada, shares his personal experiences to complement the variety of options available with Exodus.
“You’re going to find that we have something that is accessible for all clientele. We can do it on a bike, on a walking holiday or we can do a small group cultural trip. That’s where you can qualify the client and their fitness level to find the right trip for the right client.”
The Exodus difference
Exodus has been the world leader in adventure travel since 1974, with more than 44 years in cycling, walking and trekking travel tours and more than 600 trips in 109 countries.
What sets Exodus apart?
- largest collection of active and diverse trips with over 200 walking and trekking tours and more than 100 cycling trips worldwide to suit all budgets and fitness levels.
- distinct authentic accommodation
- small group tours with average size of 12 travellers
- loyal, repeat clients with an attractive client loyalty program
- local leaders with the knowledge, pride and expertise in the destination
- responsible travel
- safe and affordable for single travellers (no single supplement)
- 15% commission for travel agents
- premium departures are available for clients looking for 4-5 star accommodations without losing the distinct authenticity of the accommodations.
Who travels with Exodus
The average age is 53, but the ideal client is “young at heart” with age spectrum of 35–80 years. There has been a significant increase in female solo travellers recently (62%).
There are four brochures, and eight different styles of travel:
- Adventure, Culture & Wildlife and the Walking & Trekking trips offer a variety of activity styles including mixed activity, winter, family, cultural, wildlife and polar.
- Self Guided Adventures– fastest growing market.
- Cycling Adventures– new brochure just released with new trips including Prosecco Hills, Balkans, Mexico, Costa Rica & Panama, Chile & Argentina, Vietnam Mekong and Cambodia. Bikes are included and electric bikes are also available.
The most popular trips include Italy and The Amalfi Coast, Croatia, the Balkans and Eastern Europe, Portugal but new places such as Oman, Egypt and Ghana are available for guests looking for something different.
TailorMade: Your Group, Your Way. The increase in demand for private adventures, agent escorted trips and unique custom trips can now be accommodated with a dedicated groups department. Set group departures are also available for the top selling and most popular trips.
Exodus Agent Adventure Club
- Register with Exodus Agents to become a member and receive exclusive incentives, contests, FAM invitations and rewards.
- TA discount is 30%, increasing to 50% after first client booking including a 30% discount for companion.
- Book 10, Go Free. For every 10 bookings, travel agent receives a free Exodus holiday.