More than 200 hundred travel agents braved the snowy roads of Calgary to be rewarded with their very own tablet at the TravelBrands Appreciation Night event, held at the Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre on April 16.
Bringing together 48 different suppliers for agents to mingle with and spend one-on-one time together, TravelBrands reminded attendees that the company is committed to ensuring the livelihood of the travel agent through Access and technology.
Frank DeMarinis, president and CEO of TravelBrands, expressed gratitude and support for travel agents.
“Our mission at TravelBrands is simple - to continue to support the travel agent community with the tools necessary to help you position your business for years to come. To help you work smarter, not harder.”
Through Access, the portal provides a breadth of travel products through 10 different channels all in one place. Investments in technology have been a priority for TravelBrands' growth and DeMarinis attributes this to agents.
“We listen to your feedback and continue to enhance Access. We hope you will embrace the changes we've made, and that you know we're always here for you.”
What's New in Access
- Access has been redesigned with a cleaner look combined with simplified results to make things easier for travel agents.
- Hotel look-up and landmark searches now available to easily find accommodations in unfamiliar destinations.
- Enhanced cross-selling opportunities within Access – easy to create custom packages at once.
- Agents can now send client emails with up to multiple hotel options to provide a variety of options to choose from.
- Agents can book multiple destinations in Travel Genie.
What's New with TravelBrands
- A new Europe brochure has been launched with 72 pages of the most popular destinations.
- The Experiences Collection has been rebranded to Experiences by TravelBrands featuring bucket list destinations and adding new ones highlighting health and wellness, and culinary travel experiences.
- Luxury travel experiences with Lujure will satisfy even the most high-end clients with villa accommodations, private jets, private drivers, concierge services and special events.
- Intair will be the first consolidator now offering branded fares.
- Sunquest offers total vacation flexibility with longer stay options, single traveller options with no supplements, large family options, large selection of airlines.
- Only at Encore weekly specials are announced on Mondays to provide even more value to agents and their clients booking cruises. Air/sea vacation protection program provides the worry-free travel assurance.
- White label program launching to allow a secure booking platform directly on travel agent websites with no additional cost, and commission is earned on all bookings.
- Expanded support team to provide travel agent support and increased hours in the live chat support feature.
- “We've Got Your Back, A TravelBrands Promise” offers agent and client support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
C. Bruce Lidberg, TravelBrands' director of sales for Western Canada, summed it up best.
"Your clients are in good hands when you book with TravelBrands."
A moment of silence was also held during the evening to offer condolences and honour the recent tragedies of the Humboldt Broncos Junior Hockey team and of the unexpected passing of Mary Ogaki, a long time travel industry veteran.