Six months after a series of wildfires charred the landscape, Sonoma County, California has announced that two Wine Country properties are welcoming guests once more.
Both the Kenwood Inn & Spa and the Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill and Martini Bar suffered smoke and other damage, but have reopened after being beautifully refreshed.
Kenwood Inn & Spa
- Located in the hillside at the northern end of the Sonoma Valley, in eastern Sonoma County, on 2.5 acres surrounded by vineyards and old oak trees.
- No burning, but damage caused by strong winds and smoke.
- Extensive remodeling included refreshing all 29 guestrooms and suites, and updating the lobby, cabanas, and other public spaces, as well as renovating the landscaping.
- A remodeled spa will be completed in the summer of 2018.
- Meeting and private event space is being renovated to provide groups and bridal parties with an expansive and elegant lounge.
The Kenwood Inn & Spa.
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
- Began taking guests in Dec. 2017.
- The inn's inn’s seven Secret Cottages have been refreshed and renovated.
- California-style menu features oysters, steaks, homemade bread and pastas, and an extensive selection of Sonoma and Napa wines, innovative and classic martinis, and a full bar.
The following events are also taking place in Sonoma County this year:
- Santa Rosa's 150th birthday- monthly events on now.
- Luther Burbank Rose Parade and Festival (May 18).
- Garagiste Wine Festival (May 12).
- Sonoma Harvest Music Festival (Sept. 22-23).
For more information on tourism to Sonoma County, visit www.sonomacounty.com.