The San Francisco Travel Association hosted a cocktail reception at Vancouver’s Loden Hotel last week.
“We are so excited to be here, as you are very dear to our hearts,” said Kosta Tsimiklis, trade account manager in Canada. “Roughly 330,000 Canadians visit San Francisco every year. In fact, Canada is #4 on the international visitor list. You love San Francisco, and we love BC.”
With 15 nonstop flights daily from Western Canada – 11 from Vancouver alone – visitors have a variety of vacation options in San Francisco and the surrounding areas, as highlighted from the attending tourism partners.
What's new in San Francisco
SFO International Airport – Far Beyond the Ordinary
- Amenities include lounges, wifi, a museum, shopping, showers, yoga room, and 65 food venues.
- The Wag Brigade – a team of certified therapy animals – interacts with travellers.
- A 350-room Grand Hyatt hotel will open in summer 2019.
- BART connects visitors to downtown in 30 minutes.
- Explore more options at SFO International Airport.
San Francisco – Always Open, Always Inviting, Always Welcomed
- Home to 218 hotels and over 34,000 rooms.
- Efficient BART transportation system eliminates the need for rental car.
- Named Best Food City in U.S.A. by Bon Appetit in 2017.
- First U.S. city to host Rugby World Cup Sevens on July 20-22, 2018.
- See San Francisco for yourself!
Pier 39 – It All Starts at the Pier
- Home to 14 restaurants, an aquarium, harbour cruises, and the famous sea lions colony.
- The Flyer 3D ride experience coming in April 2019. • Come down to the Pier!
Viceroy Hotel Group – Boutique Hotels in the Heart of Union Square
- Hotel Zetta – five-years old, four-star property with 116 rooms and three dining venues.
- Hotel Zelos – 202 spacious rooms (300+ sq. ft.), and local favourite Dirty Habit restaurant.
- Hotel Zeppelin – two-year old property with 196 rooms with most favourable rates.
Humboldt County – The Redwood Coast
- Six hours north of San Francisco and home to Redwood National Park.
- Explore the region via the scenic 30-mile Avenue of the Giants on Hwy 101.
- A paradise for outdoor recreation – fishing, kayaking, biking, rafting, birding, and searching for Big Foot!
- Get more information on the Redwood Coast!
California Academy of Sciences – A 3-for-1 Attraction
- Home to an aquarium, planetarium and national history museum.
- Highlights include a four-storey rainforest with 1,600 live animals and plants, the world’s deepest indoor living coral reef, and African penguins.
- Behind the Scenes, Nightlife & VIP tours are available.
- Get more information on the California Academy of Sciences.
Sonoma County – Wine Country Plus so Much More
- Served by multiple airports including SFO, OAK, SMF, SJC and STS.
- Home to 80 kms of coastline, 425 wineries, 40 spas, 25 microbreweries, 22 golf courses.
- Popular activities include horseback riding, hot air ballooning, hiking, fishing and visiting the California redwood forest.
- Plan your trip to Sonoma County.
Napa Valley – A Premier Wine Destination
- One hour from San Francisco, stretching 37 miles.
- Home to 500 wineries, 125 restaurants(including 11 Michelin-starred), 150 hotels.
- A destination for food, wine, the arts, and outdoor activities.
- Learn more about Napa Valley today!